These 8 days of tabla lessons and guided practice as a community of like-minded people is set up in the appropriate environment of Shanti Mandir, Walden, NY to create an opportunity for all participants to immerse into tabla, music and meditation. The Ashram will open on June 29th 5 pm with the arrival of all participants and their associates (if any) and close on July 7th after breakfast. During this period there will be multiples sessions of lessons, practice, listening-appreciation, discussions and recitals.
The cost for enrollment is $1020. It includes tuition and 8 nights of boarding and lodging, a discounted rate of $40 per person per night. Attendees are welcome to bring their family or friends with additional payment of $320 person, at the same discounted rate of $40 per person, per night (adults or children). Check-in is on June 29th 5 pm and check-out on July 7th after breakfast. Boarding and lodging will include 8 nights of stay and 3 vegetarian meals everyday: breakfast (8 am), lunch (1 pm), afternoon tea (4 pm) and dinner (7 pm). Accommodations are in two types of rooms: double occupancy and triple occupancy. Please specify your preference along any food restrictions and/or allergies you might have at the time of enrollment.
As it is in an Ashram, attendees are asked to be prepared to do Seva (service) by participating in some of the maintenance activities, such as doing the dishes after every meal Families are welcome to help with peeling, chopping, washing, and cleaning in the kitchen. They are also welcome to join in some of the Ashram's programs. We would also fulfill our obligation to leave our rooms and campus clean at the end of the Ashram/Workshop. Additionally, please make a note of the following:
1) All workshop attendees are advised that the Tabla Ashram/workshop is being held on Shanti Mandir’s ashram property and that all attendees are expected to respect the sanctity of the location including maintaining a peaceful demeanor and treating the buildings, land and religious articles with utmost respect. Attendees shall not be permitted to enter area marked “Private” or “Unauthorized.”
2) At no times are drugs, smoking, alcohol, or non-vegetarian food inclusive of eggs, allowed on the property.
3) Shanti Mandir hosts guests from all around the world and has other activities ongoing at the ashram. Shanti Mandir will work with the workshop staff so that there will be no disruption of the workshop or other ashram activities.
4) All Chhandaya Tabla Ashram/workshop 2019 attendees and the Chhandayan shall hold Shanti Mandir harmless and shall indemnify Shanti Mandir from any liability, loss or injury to person or property or action resulting from any intentional or negligent act on the part of a workshop attendee or the Chhandayan in connection with the workshop or while in residence at Shanti Mandir Ashram.
5) Any damage to the property of Shanti Mandir, equipment shall be reimbursed by Chhandayan.
6) Any accommodations or meals before or after these periods are payable to Shanti Mandir according to the rate of the room and meals.
Registration deadline: May 20th.
Registration form can be downloaded using the button below and mailed to Chhandayan, 4 West 43rd Street, #616, New York, NY 10036 with the check made out to Chhandayan. One may also avail of the online payment options (a 3% surcharge is applied to cover Paypal fees) and email the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.